Last update: 15th February January 2018
Please read the following carefully to understand how we will collect, use and maintain your personal information. It also describes your choices regarding use, access and correction of your personal information.
1 Information Collected
Information you provide to us. We collect information you provide directly to us including when you visit one of our websites or use one of the Novade Services.
For example, we collect information when you create or modify your profile online, participate in a survey, activity or event, make a purchase, apply for a job, request customer support, or communicate with us via third-party social media sites.
The types of information we may collect directly from you include your name, username, email address, your picture, postal address, phone number, information about your data storage preferences, employer’s name, job title, transactional information as well as any contact or other information you choose to provide.
Information we collect automatically when you use the Novade Services. When you access or use the Novade Services, we may automatically collect information about you, including:
- Usage Information: We monitor user activity in connection with the Novade Services and may collect information about the applications and features you use.
- Log Information: We log information about you when you access and use the Novade Services including your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, access times, browser type and language.
- Device Information: If you access the Novade Services from a mobile device, we collect information about the device, including the hardware model or operating system and version. We may ask for or access your location based information from your mobile device with your consent through our mobile apps. You can enable or disable this functionality in the Novade mobile application settings.
2 Use of Information
We may use the information collected through the Novade Service for the limited purpose of providing the Novade Service and related functionality and services for which Novade has been engaged. The information may be used to perform a variety of purposes, including to:
- Provide, operate, maintain and improve the Novade Services;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Provide and deliver the services and features you request, process and complete transactions, and send you related information, including purchase confirmations and invoices;
- Respond to your comments, questions, and requests and provide customer service and support;
- Communicate with you about services, features, surveys, newsletters, offers, promotions, contests and events, and provide other news or information about Novade and our select partners;
- Investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions, unauthorized access to the Novade Services, and other illegal activities;
- Link or combine with other information we receive from third parties to help understand your needs and provide you with better service;
By accessing or using the Novade Services or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information to other countries and territories, which may have different privacy laws from your country of residence. In such cases, Novade will ensure that the transfer is legal and safe by applying consistent processes and measures.
4 Sharing & Disclosure of Information.
Novade Services. We may share personal information about you including as follows:
- Vendors, Consultants and Other Service Providers: We may share your information with third-party vendors, consultants and other service providers who are working on our behalf and require access to your information to carry out that work, such as to provide customer support, etc. These service providers are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide services to Novade and/or Novade Services.
- Compliance with Laws: We may disclose your information to a third party if (a) we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, (b) to enforce our agreements, policies and Terms of Service, (c) to protect the security or integrity of the Novade Services, (d) to protect Novade, our customers or the public from harm or illegal activities, (e) to respond to an emergency which we believe in the good faith requires us to disclose information to assist in preventing the death or serious bodily injury of any person or (f) to any other third party with your prior consent.
- Business Transfers: We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- Aggregated or Anonymized Data: We may also share aggregated or anonymized information with third parties that does not directly identify you.
Testimonials. From time to time, we may post testimonials on the Websites that may contain personal information. We obtain your consent to post your name along with your testimonial. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us at privacy@Novade.net.
Community Forums. The Websites may offer publicly accessible blogs, community forums, comments sections, discussion forums, or other interactive features (“Interactive Areas”). You should be aware that any information that you post in an Interactive Area might be read, collected, and used by others who access it. To request removal of your personal information from an Interactive Area, contact us at privacy@Novade.net.
Promotional and Newsletter Communications. You may opt out of receiving promotional and newsletter emails from Novade by following the opt-out instructions provided in those emails.
5 Supplemental Terms & Conditions for Certain Regions
European Economic Area (EEA). If you are an individual from the EEA, our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it. The legal basis of the treatment is the legitimate interest in the provision and proper functioning of the services.
Singapore. Personal information collected, stored, used and/or processed by Novade, as described in this Policy, is collected, stored, used and/or processed in compliance with the Novade obligations under the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 of Singapore (“PDPA”).
Australia. Personal information collected, stored, used and/or processed by Novade, as described in this Policy, is collected, stored, used and/or processed in compliance with the Australian Privacy Act 1988 (Commonwealth) and the Australia Privacy Principles.
While no service is completely secure, Novade takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. Sensitive information such as password that we request from you on the Novade Services is protected with encryption during transmission over the Internet. In addition, the servers on which personal information is stored are kept in a controlled environment with limited access.
While we take reasonable efforts to guard personal information we knowingly collect directly from you, no security system is impenetrable. In addition, we cannot guarantee that any passively-collected personal information you choose to include in documents you store on our systems are maintained at levels of protection to meet specific needs or obligations you may have relating to that information.
You may access your account information and our service only through the use of an individual user ID and password. To protect the confidentiality of personal information, you must keep your password confidential and not disclose it to any other person. Please advise us immediately if you believe your password has been misused. Please note that we will never ask you to disclose your password in an unsolicited phone call or email.
7 How Long We Retain Personal Information:
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
If your access to the Services is linked to a Novade Customer Agreement, we retain personal data during the term of the Agreement.
Upon request, Novade will inform you, regarding any personal information about you of which we are aware, whether we keep this information or treat it on behalf of a third party. To make such a request please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
8 Changes to This Policy
9 Other Conditions
Cookies. Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies or to prompt you before accepting such a cookie. Please note that, if you choose to remove or reject browser cookies, this could affect the availability or functionality of the Novade Services.
Links to Third Party Websites. We may place links on the Novade Services. When you click on a link to a third-party website from our website, your activity and use on the linked website is governed by that website’s policies, not by those of Novade. We encourage you to visit their websites and review their privacy and user policies.
Our Policy Toward Children. The Novade Services is not directed to individuals under 16. If you become aware that a child has provided us with personal information, please contact us at privacy@Novade.net.
English Version Controls. Non-English translations of this Policy are provided for convenience only. In the event of any ambiguity or conflict between translations, the English version is authoritative and controls.